This blog is a special project for me and I think that the best way to start it is with a tiki drink created by me, which in turn is also special for me. I don’t have to think too much about it: Bald Bastard Swizzle.
I created this drink to celebrate that I finally found a bottle (were really two) of Lemonhart 151 Demerara, an overproof rum that is very hard to find here in Europe. Also I had wanted to use my new Bois Lelé (a special swizzle stick from Martinique)…and I decided to create a new swizzle recipe.
- 1oz Appleton VX
- 1oz Lemonhart 151 Demerara
- ¾oz Fresh Lime Juice
- ½oz Cinnamon Syrup
- ½oz Falernum
- ¼oz Allspice Dram
- 1 dash The Bitter Truth Creole Bitters
- 3 dashes Bittermen's Elemakule Tiki Bitters
- Put everything (except the Bittermen's Elemakule Tiki Bitterss) in a tall glass.
- Add ⅔ of the volume of the glass with crushed ice.
- Swizzle it with a swizzle stick or barspoon.
- Add more ice to fill.
- Float the 3 dashes of Bittermen's Elemakule Tiki Bitters.
- Dust with powdered cinnamon.
- Garnish with a piece of lime spreared to a marraschino cherry.
It’s a very good cocktail for hardcore rum drinkers…I hope you will enjoy it!!!
This post is also available in: Spanish