To continue using my dear Blackstrap rum I was thinking about some options or twists where I could use this kind of rum.
One of my favorites rum cocktails of all times is El Presidente, but if I change the rum of this, the drink flavour changes totally and…if I use the Blackstrap rum it will change not only the flavor, also the color of the drink.
I took some time to think about it, and if in politics the USA now have a black president why we couldn’t have a Black Presidente in cocktails?
As in politics some people would love it and some would hate it…
After that little joke, which I hope that no offended anyone, I decided to change a bit the ingredients of my El Presidente twist.
- 6cl Cruzan Blackstrap Rum
- 2cl Red Vermouth
- 1cl Falernum
- 1 dash Dale Degroff's Pimento Aromatic Bitters
- Add all the ingredients in the shaker with ice cubes.
- Shake it.
- Serve double strained in a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a speared Marraschino Cherry.
This post is also available in: Spanish