This recipe is my own twist of a drink of the 50s: the Bourbon Special, featured at Steve Crane’s Kon-Tiki restaurant chain. This tiki drink was created for Bourbon drinkers…and I used it like inpiration to make a drink based on the Cruzan Blackstrap Rum, a totally black colored rum with a strong flavour of molasses and liquorice. I love that rum combined with ginger beer, and I think that this recipe with some modifications could work…and I think that I wasn’t wrong.
- ½oz Lime Juice
- ¼oz Cinnamon Syrup
- ¼oz Falernum
- 1oz Ginger Beer
- 2oz Cruzan Blackstrap Rum
- 1dash The Bitter Truth Jerry Thomas Own Decanter Bitters
- Add all the ingredients and a half of the squeezed lime in the shaker with crushed ice.
- Shake it.
- Pour unstrained in a double old fashioned glass.
- Garnish with 3 pineapple leaves and two speared marraschino cherries.
Try it and say me what do you think about!!!! Cheers!!!
This post is also available in: Spanish