Searching something to drink in my small library of tiki drinks books, I took the Beachbum Berry Remixed of the master Jeff Berry, the real bible of tiki recipes. I was looking for a drink with ginger beer, because I had a bottle of Fentiman’s opened and I want to finish it…
I found a recipe of one of the fathers of tiki drinks: Ernest Raymond Beaumont Gantt aka Don the Beachcomber.
And well…I did it…and you could try to do this at home too.
- 1oz fresh lime juice
- 2oz pineapple juice
- 2oz dark Jamaican rum
- 1oz gold Puerto Rican rum
- ½oz gold Barbados rum
- ½oz Falernum
- Dash Angostura bitters
- 6 drops Pernod
- 2oz chilled ginger beer
- Shake everything (except ginger beer) with crushed ice.
- Pour unstrained in a tall glass with 2 ice cubes.
- Add the ginger beer and stir.
- Garnish with 2 pineapple leaves and a spiral of lime peel (the original garnish calls for a pineapple chunk and a spring of mint).
Do you want another rum?
This post is also available in: Spanish