My friend Daniele dalla Pola remembered me that today is the Piña Colada Day and I need to make something special for today. The people that knows me a bit knows that I’m not the typical Piña Colada drinker, I always share my Big Kahuna Colada with the whole world, assuring that it’s the strongest brother of the Piña Colada…but today I want to share something similar but a bit different, a drink on my palate’s profile…the Piña Colada that a Zombie drinker could love…a fusion between the Zombie and the Piña Colada…Why not?
- ¾oz Pineapple Juice
- ½oz Lime Juice
- ¾oz Coconut Water
- 1oz Coco Real
- 1 barspoon Lemon/Cinnamon Syrup*
- 1 oz Aged Demerara Rum (El Dorado 8)
- 1 oz Gold Puerto Rican Rum (Don Q Gold)
- 1oz Overproof Rum (Plantation Original Dark Overproof)
- 1 dash Herbstura**
- Add all the ingredients in a blender with crushed ice.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Serve unstrained in a tall glass.
- Dust with grated nutmeg.
- Garnish with a pineapple leave.
**Herbstura: Mix equal parts of Herbsaint or Pernod with Angostura Bitters.
Okole Maluna and Happy Piña Colada Day 2016!!!!
Do you want another rum?
This post is also available in: Spanish