This recipe has failed, read why here.
Thinking about it, I remembered an infused rum that I did a few years ago with a recipe extracted from the Beachbum Berry Remixed called Chocolate & Vanilla Infused Rum, and I thought that it could be great adding the banana…and yes, I’ve tried it!!!!
The rum used was a Rhum Agricole of Martinique Dillon with 55% of alcohol.
After putting all the ingredients in the bottle I think I’ll have to wait about 3-4 months and let the elements make their work inside the bottle, the periodic tasting of the rum will decide when it will be ready.
- 500 ml Rhum Agricole de Martinique Dillon 55%
- 2 Bananas
- 1 vanilla bean
- 125gr Dark Chocolate (I used a bar of Lindt 85%)
- 30 gr Raw Sugar
- Peel and cut the bananas in strips that can enter inside the rum bottle.
- Make a cut longwise the vanilla bean.
- Break the chocolate bar in small pieces.
- Add the bananas, vanilla bean, sugar and chocolate inside the bottle.
- Add the rhum.
- Close the bottle.
- Let it rest in a dry place without direct sunlight for about 3-4 months, shaking it often.
Do you want another rum?
This post is also available in: Spanish